I found this article and found it completely true about New York City. Though I do enjoy living and working in NYC sometimes you just feel beaten down and really can’t believe you just spent $4 on a cookie or that you’re used to seeing rats in the subway stations…
Here are somethings I do like:
1) Now that Ryan and I live in Queens my subway ride is between 35 – 40 minutes. Which means I get to read. I love reading before and after work, it really relaxes me.
2) You can get Chinese food any time of the day. You don’t even have to call. You just go online and use GrubHub. Laziness at it’s finest!
3) You can get great coffee for $1.50 from a guy in a cart. They’re everywhere in the City. I go every morning before work. I love it.
4) The people watching is amazing.
5) I LOVE running in Central Park. It might be my favorite thing.
Happy Halloween! Any one doing anything fun tonight??? I’m hoping we get some Trick-or-Treaters tonight!
I can’t believe I’m turning 27 next week! Eeeek! This year flew by! I was looking at my To Do List and though I did not check everything off my list, I’m proud of what I’ve done this year. I also think I was just a little bit over ambitious. Reading 26 books in one year is hard! I got to 20…
Now I get to think of 27 things for my 27th year To Do List… hmmm… any ideas?
Here’s what I checked off this year:
3) Travel to a state I’ve never been before – COMPLETED! I’m using Kingston, Ontario as my state!
4) Travel outside of the United States – COMPLETED! Costa Rica Trip! 6/2013
5) Have a picnic in Central Park – COMPLETED!
9) Take a cooking/baking class – COMPLETED!
10) Sing one karaoke song… (one of my worst fears!) – COMPLETED! 1/1/2013
13) Go golfing – COMPLETED! 9/27/13
14) Volunteer and donate! – On going through the Junior League
15) Go to a concert – COMPLETED!! Andrew Belle 7/25/13
17) Run the Eugene Marathon – COMPLETED! 4/28/2013
18) Run the New York City Marathon – Will be COMPLETED on 11/3/13
20) Host a party – COMPLETED! 12/31/2012
I came close to completing some other items on my list so I’ll probably add those to the my 27th Year To Do List. 🙂
Happy Birthday to my MOM!!! I hope you’re having a great birthday!!!! See you at Christmas!!! XOXO
Work and life have been too busy to even explain.
I ran for the first time since Eugene last night. I felt great but my right foot felt a little off.
I’m signed up for the Brooklyn half marathon that is tomorrow but I’ve decided not to run it. I really don’t want to spend an hour both ways to pick up my race packet and I REALLY don’t want to wake upat 4am.
I’m not even really supposed to be running races yet. You’re suppose to take off a month from racing after a marathon.
So. I’m not going to run. I’m going to organize and paint our new apartment. That’s what I want to do.
Running races is supposed to be fun and something you want to do. This race has become a HAVE TO. Not a WANT TO. It’s just too much to just run 13.1 miles.
So yeah. Writing this makes me already feel lighter and happier. Much more relaxed.
This is how you want to look and feel after a race – this is a photo of a want to/can’t wait to race-race!
I have two major running goals for 2013.
1) Run a marathon in under four hours. I would love to be around 3:45… Or you, know… qualify for Boston… I’ll have to look up the time qualifications.
2) Run a half marathon under 1 hour and 40 mins. Last year my personal best was 1:41:31… So close!
I know I’m going to need to amp up my training to meet these time goals. I’m hoping for a great marathon time in New York. New York will be the big one for me.
Eugene is more of a fun – see my family (and friends! many are running the race!) run. But I do want to run it in under four hours.
I’ll be running four half marathons this year and I’m hoping that Staten Island, where I did my PB last year, will be the race where I get under 1:40. We’ll see.
It’s really all on me. If I train I know I can reach these goals.
If I don’t and sit on the couch then we all know what the outcome will be.
What are your 2013 Running Goals???
This week’s workouts:
Monday: Pure Barre
Tuesday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: Pure Barre
Thursday: 4 mile run
I’m feeling good and I’m excited to see how my body does at the Staten Island half marathon. I’m not running tonight, but I am hoping to get in a 3 mile run on Saturday and I would love to add-on some miles after the half marathon but if it’s raining (like they say it’s going to) I know that it won’t happen.
I’m going to try to put more New York sightings/observations/thoughts up here since the “It wasn’t awkward at all” post was such a hit…
The past couple of days walking to and from work I’ve noticed a lot of homeless people just passed out in the middle of busy areas. It’s very interesting. Usually there’s a wine bottle or liquor bottle (empty) next to them. One guy was passed out laying in the bushes of The Grand Army Plaza at 5:30pm… If I was a child in New York City I’m pretty sure I would be really scared…
Hope you all have a great weekend! And let’s hope there’s no rain!!!
Last night after work I headed over to Ryan’s place. He made me a delicious good luck on your race dinner! And Bailey the puppy gave me lots of good luck kisses – aka slobbery licks.
That huge white blob is a baked potato… So good… And of course the chicken and veggies were tasty too 🙂
Then I headed home for much-needed sleep.
The worst is waiting for a subway car that never comes…
This week I’ve been pretty tired. I think it’s my nerves. I always get antsy before a trip let alone a race. Put that together and I’m excited/nervous/antsy all the time! Tonight I’m going to do a little baby run (3 miles) to keep my legs race-ready and finish packing. Then early to bed!
Eeekk! Tomorrow = Vegas!!!!
From my new favorite girls – Katrina Hodgson & Karena Dawn from the Tone it Up Plan
You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.”
Life is full of choices. You can choose..
~ who to hang out with
~ what to eat
~ when to exercise
~ where to live
~ and most importantly, how to feel..
Choose to be happy. You deserve it. ♥
Do what makes YOU happy. You only live once, right? So go out there AND LIVE!
This is what makes ME happy :
Bestest friends everrrr
Rock climbing with Ryan
Races in Central Park
Looks to me like 2011 was pretty darn good to me 🙂
Filed under BF, Central Park, Family, Friends, Girls Weekend, Happy, Life, Love 'em, Motivation, Puppy, Races, Ramblings and Thoughts, Tone it Up!